McDonalds Success Strategy And Global Expansion Through Customer And Brand Loyalty
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Frank J. Cavico, Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, An Assessment Of Business Schools Student Retention, Accreditation, And Faculty Scholarship Challenges , Contemporary Issues in Education Research (CIER): Vol 3 No 1 (2010)
- William C. Campbell, Frank J. Cavico, Pedro F. Pellet, Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, Applying Moral Development Literature And Ethical Theories To The Administration Of Taxes In Kosovo , International Business & Economics Research Journal (IBER): Vol 9 No 7 (2010)
- Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, An Examination Of Bahamian Respondents Task And Relationship Orientations: Do Males Have A Significantly Different Score Than Females? , Journal of Diversity Management (JDM): Vol 5 No 3 (2010)
- Nile M. Khanfar, Ziad Swaidan, Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, A Study In Relationship Orientation And Prioritization Of Alumni Association Preferences With College Seniors In Higher Education , Contemporary Issues in Education Research (CIER): Vol 2 No 3 (2009)
- Belal A. Kaifi, Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, Albert A. Williams, Online College Education For Computer-Savvy Students: A Study Of Perceptions And Needs , Journal of College Teaching & Learning (TLC): Vol 6 No 6 (2009)
- Tammy C. Morse, Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, The Challenge Of Recruiting And Retaining Teachers In The United States: Is This A Compensation Or Demand Issue? , Contemporary Issues in Education Research (CIER): Vol 1 No 3 (2008)
- Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, Jane Gibson, The Creation And Implementation Of A Formal Faculty Orientation And Training Program In Higher Education , Journal of College Teaching & Learning (TLC): Vol 4 No 6 (2007)
- Andrew H. Clem, Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, Focus Factors: Exploring Cross-Cultural Business Dynamics Of Making Deals And Building Relationships In India , Journal of Business Case Studies (JBCS): Vol 7 No 1 (2011)
- Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, Shruti Salghur, Essentials of Cyberspace Education for Online Students , Journal of College Teaching & Learning (TLC): Vol 2 No 5 (2005)
- Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, Joseph W. Kennedy, Facilitating Affectively To Increase Learning And Decrease Cheating In The Classroom , Journal of College Teaching & Learning (TLC): Vol 2 No 7 (2005)
- The Clute Institute publishes numerous academic journals that contain the latest scientific research in their field.
Clute Institute - Since 1985
|Case Code||:||BSTR310||For delivery in electronic format: Rs. 400;|
For delivery through courier (within India): Rs. 400 + Rs. 25 for Shipping & Handling Charges
ThemesGlobalization/ Standardization/ Localization/ Cultural issues
|Case Length||:||22 Pages|
|Teaching Note||:||Not Available|
This case is about the international operations of McDonald's Corporation (McDonald's), one of the oldest chains of quick service restaurants in the world. Over the years, McDonald's had developed a thriving market globally and as of end 2008, had a presence in 121 countries. Analysts pointed out that while many restaurants and restaurant chains were facing hard times because of the economic slowdown, McDonald's had shown improvement in sales. Its international business had also helped insulate it from the housing-led US economic downturn, they said. The case discusses the various strategies that the company adopted in the international market including its localization, pricing, promotional, and operational strategies in various countries.
» Evaluate McDonald's globalization strategies.
» Learn about the issues and challenges faced by a restaurant chain in expanding its business internationally.
» Examine localization strategies of McDonald's in different markets.
» Understand promotional and pricing strategies followed by McDonald's in some of the countries.
Strategy, Globalization, Localization, Think Global Act Local, Expansion, Franchising, Culture, Visual merchandising, Economic downturn, Ethics, McDonald's
Untouched by Global Economic Slowdown- Next Page>>