A dissertation is a transition between your academic and professional life. It’s your opportunity to demonstrate all your knowledge gained during your nursing course and clinical practice. However, it may seem daunting for many students. The following tips will help you stay organized and write a good dissertation.
From the outset, you should decide whether you’re going to analyze somebody’s views on your topic or conduct your own research and present your findings.
Your advisor is there to help you choose a particular direction which you’ll take to develop your topic. Make your meetings regular. You can meet as soon as you finish another part of your work. This way you’ll make sure your paper is under professional control and you keep to the subject.
Include a few hours for work on your paper into your daily schedule. When you know how much time is left until the deadline, you can decide how intensively you have to work every day.
Usually, a nursing dissertation plan has the following structure:
- Introduction – an opening part of your paper that explains why you undertook the study of practice development. It should also indicate the importance of the chosen topic and the purpose of your research.
- Literature review – a section that contains the overview of the works of different researchers and the established theories concerning your topic. It’s aimed at demonstrating how underdeveloped some points of the issue are.
- Methodology – the methods you employed while explaining the choice of sources, gathering information, and analyzing it.
- Results – a section where you state what you found out.
- Analysis. Here you prove your objectives demonstrating to which results they led.
- Conclusion and recommendations. Here you summarize the achieved results and show their significance to the field.
As you take the information for your paper from different sources, you’ll need to provide references to them. Don’t forget to write down the bibliographic information of each used book or article. Ultimately, you’ll get a list of all used sources that you’ll only need to organize in alphabetical order.
Make sure your dissertation complies with the format requirements and is well-written. For this, proofread your paper, then put it aside for a couple of days, and then proofread it again and edit.
Сьюзан на экране тянулась к нему, плача и смеясь, захлестнутая волной эмоций. Вот она вытерла слезы. - Дэвид… я подумала… Оперативный агент Смит усадил Беккера на сиденье перед монитором. - Он немного сонный, мадам.