Creating A Successful Essay On Gun Control
No doubt about it, a lot of debate in both historical and current politics has to do with the 2nd amendment to the Constitution, the law of the land of the United States.
Because the 2nd Amendment is such a hot topic in today's political atmosphere, it is an excellent issue to write a thoroughly compelling essay about. When writing about the subject of gun control and the interpretation of the 2nd Amendment, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What is your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment? If the 2nd Amendment says the rights of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed, does that mean that any form of restrictions or regulations is unconstitutional? There are completely valid arguments for both sides here, so do some more research and dig into where politicians and lobbying groups stand and the reasoning they have for those stances.
- Do you have experiences with guns, such as target shooting, hunting, or even a past incident where you had to defend yourself? When writing your essay, draw on your personal experiences with firearms. Your essay will seem more personal and will keep the reader's attention better.
- What was the purpose of the 2nd Amendment? Why do you think the Founding Fathers chose to put it in the Constitution? Do those reasons hold the same relevance today?
- Every year, thousands of people are killed by guns, either directly or by accident. Would gun control measures save more lives each year, and if so, which ones and why? Would such gun control measures infringe on an individual's right to bear arms or not?
- What about assault rifles, like AR-15s and AK-47s? Do civilians really need an automatic AR-15 rifle, or does the 2nd Amendment protect an individual's right to own one?
- When the 2nd Amendment says it protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms, does that mean that people have the right to own military instruments of war, such as drones, armored vehicles, tanks, etc?
- What correlations exist between gun control measures and crime? Check out other countries as well, for example, in Switzerland every household is issued a gun by the government, and Switzerland has a significantly low crime rate. But at the same time, Britain has ensured very strict gun control measures, and they also have an extremely low crime rate. Where does the correlation really lie?
Сьюзан смотрела, как фигура Стратмора растворяется во тьме шифровалки. ГЛАВА 63 Новообретенная веспа Дэвида Беккера преодолевала последние метры до Aeropuerto de Sevilla. Костяшки его пальцев, всю дорогу судорожно сжимавших руль, побелели. Часы показывали два часа с минутами по местному времени.